The premises now known as Thurmaston Old School Community Centre were built in 1844 as the National School. The last pupils left in the late 1960s.
From the late 1960s until the early 1980s the premises served as an education resource centre, known simply as ‘The Resource Centre’.
Since the early 1980s the premises have been well used as a busy church and community centre, known locally as ‘The Old School’.
We hope to publish a more comprehensive history soon.